Friday 23 August 2013

Indigo Trade Show 2012, Paris


The main reason for visiting Paris is the Indigo trade show which is held every year at the Parc d’Expositions Paris Nord Villepinte. Our college exhibits there every year and sells work to companies in industry, predominantly fashion. Two pieces of my work were chosen to go and I’m pleased to say one sold to Desigual!!! It was my Sunflower embroidery, the one I loved the most but it has gone to a good home. If you’d like to take a look at Desiguals designs and garments, here is the link to the website.
It was a brilliant opportunity to see what goes on in the industry and to see what a trade show is actually like. It also helped me with the fashion side of my new project as I was able to find out the trends that had been predicted for Spring/Summer 13. My favourite parts as a surface pattern designer where Premiere Vision and Indigo as they where the shows that sold fabric. Expofil is for yarns and fibres, Le Cuir A Paris for leather and fur, ModAmont sells all your trimmings and Zoom deals with garment manufacture.
It’s a brilliant place for people involved in the fashion industry as you can go through the shows and get everything you need for the design and creation of shoes and garments. Here are the links to the shows websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment